For those of you who travel via Düsseldorf Airport or Hauptbahnhof (Hbf, i.e. main station) note that there are no regular trains between Düsseldorf and Wuppertal until August 6th. But there is a "Schienenersatzverkehr" - a bus which substitutes the train.
If you arrive at Düsseldorf Airport then we recommend to take the S-Bahn S1 departing at "Düsseldorf Flughafen" and to change train/bus either
- at Düsseldorf-Oberbilk to catch the "Schienenersatzverkehr" of RE4/RE13 to Wuppertal-Vohwinkel (and to take the train again there) or to Wuppertal Hbf directly.
- or at Solingen Hbf and take the RB48 to Wuppertal Hbf.
If you arrive by train at Düsseldorf Hbf, you can take the routes mentioned above or you take the "Schienenersatzverkehr" of RE4/RE13 directly. It departs in front of the supermarket "Lidl" which is in northeast-direction of the main entrance at Düsseldorf Hbf (3-5 minutes walk).
But there are many other possibilities (for example "Schnellbusse") which you can check out at https://www.bahn.de.
- The talks will take place in lecture hall 8 (building G, level 10) on the main campus Grifflenberg.
- Lunch will be offered in the mensa (building ME).
- You can find a map of the campus here.
- To reach the campus from Wuppertal Hbf you can take the buses 615 or 645 at bus platform 3 which need 13 minutes (exit at "Universität"). Or if you feel more sports-minded you can walk up the hill which takes 20 to 30 minutes.
On Thursday at 17:00 there will be a reception at the Bergisches Zimmer which is located in building ME (the one with the Mensa).
Last modified: 27.07.2023